Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I like : Honda Jazz commercial & others

I absolutely adore the new Honda Jazz commercial. The first time I watched it... i was waiting all through the ad to figure out whose ad was it!!! And then the next time I watched it.. I was still waiting .. waiting to watch the car spinning and dancing to the wonderful music!!

It has got me totally hooked on!! What I love about it... it takes me back in time...
Running with any thought of stopping.. swinging as high as possible .. boy, does it take me back in time!!! A sense of abandon, freewheeling, unhindered.. the ad is bang on...

It is a beautiful ad - hits right on target. Target being us..people in our age group, us working professionals, DINK, growing responsibilities - dont you just wish you could go to the park and let work and life be!!!!! Why am I not like that.. how i used to be.. the carefree me!!

The music is fantabulous too!! Everytime I channel surf and come across this ad, I stop.

A beautiful ad - will Honda Jazz make me feel free!!! :p

****************************************************
Another one I really like .. the new Airtel DTH ad - take everything with you wherever you go!!

Brilliant execution - Its fun to watch the surd dancers and dhol walas suddenly coming out on the conveyer belt!!!! And the message is crystal clear.
*******************************************
And I just caught the Blackberry on vodafone commercial... how does vodafone do it everytime!!! Everytime!!! Everytime they come up with something or the other new.. earlier it was zoozoos.. and then under power to you, these slice of life kind of ads!!

So blackberry on vodafone commercial.. essentially shows a bunch of suited booted corporates singing the blackberry song.. and as they sing, riff raff (meaning all kinds of people) also join in and start singing.. and it finishes on the note - not just for corporates!!!! Uber cool ad
********************************************
And one last one I have been meaning to write about - the docomo pay per site ad. I love the muscleman wala ad.. the guy who keeps looking at his doles (hindi word dole) no matter what he does!!! Pay for only the site you go to!!! Amazing idea. Though I did not like the knitting one so much.. it was average

And speaking of ideas - the new Idea ad is annoying!!! It just goes on and on and on and on.. why couldnt they have just shown 2 cultures and left it at that!! Did they have to show 6 people!!!!! And then show all the 6 people trying to live in the city speaking the "other" language!!! And the end is even worse... Abhishek Bachchan saying no language required to communicate!!! Gawwwwwdddd. Have mercy.

4 comments:

the-mommie said...

saw the honda ad on youtube just now. ur right! totally miss the days of "simple innocent fun"! n the music is cool.

cldn't find any of the other ads though. link to their youtube ads if you can...

Moonshine said...

blackberry one is really new!!! Airtel is old.. you should be able to find it.. I will try and send you the link

arvind said...

u forget the squrill dancing for a hindi song..

but within a minute - how brilliantly they express..

fabulous job..

Anonymous said...

Blackberry one is really good.. I agree.. vodafone seems to come up with some amazing ads.