1) Learn swimming - Ever since i started working, i wanted to learn 3 things - swimming, driving (which i did) and the third thing i cannot, for the life of me, remember!!!! Learning how to swim is a story in itself.. i cant say that i have not tried!! I did try... in Bombay wherein i figured out where i could learn.. but then we shifted to Blore.. here too i have found a place.. but i hear that its too crowded and instructors dont take care!!! And i dont care much for drowning (hahahaa) So as of now its status quo...
2) Learn a language - French / German / Spanish - any language.. i havent even researched anything on this yet!!!
3) Learn my own language - I can speak in Malayalam (just about).. but dont know how to read and write!! Well i did try.. as a kid during vacations.. but you know what happens.. you come back post vacations, get back to school and out goes everything else!! I tried again after i started working.. a friend tried to teach me.. but she left the company in a fortnight.. and now finally i have bought the "learn to read and write malayalam in 10 days" but i must confess i havent done anything.. now i have had this book for a year.. i must make a start!!!!
4) Learn salsa - actually any western dance form.. it looks fun.. currently all i do is free style govinda type of dance!!! :)
5) Participate in a marathon - I have been wanting to do that but not been able to manage it yet!! Love the idea of being able to run (the idea i said) the full marathon!!!
6) Play a sport with husband - I learnt TT as i mentioned in one of my previous posts... so finally have been able to figure out at least one sport that we can play together!! I am happy.
7) Teach - My antenna has been up on the social bit for quite a while. This again i have tried to do but not been able to.. the timings did not match my work hours.. more recently tried to do it through the Teach India campaign.. same problem!!
8) Travel - Take at least 3-4 weekend breaks a year!! And one long trip. This year managed only 2 weekend breaks. And no long trip!! :( I definitely want to visit the North East, Ladakh, Andamans and Lakshadweep!!! And a 10 days driving holiday to goa / kerala.. somewhere!!! I am not very particular about where we go on international trips.. anywhere is good as long as we go!!
9) At least plan, if not do, to do something of my own
10) Sing songs loudly and not feel embarrassed!!! :)
And i tag mommie!!!! :)