Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am 29 till i turn 30!!

Hello all... this keeps popping into my head.. everyday.. not because i am obsessed about turning 30 but because everyday at the gym, i enter my age as 29 on the treadmill.

This is something that has stuck with me right from my childhood days. Even when i was a kid, i used to be a certain age till my birthday arrived.. and on that day i would miraculously turn a day older!!!! If anyone by chance insisted that such was not the case.. i used to throw a tantrum.. rather, be my obstinate self till that person got tired into saying that i was a year younger till the D-Day!!!

This habit i still have... so right uptil my birthday, i keep telling people (whoever deigns to ask me) that i am 29! Well, thats because i am.... my husband tells me.. that i am completing my 30th year in this world.. to be more precise..29yrs 11 months etc etc.. to which i point out the first 2 digits are still 29!!! So i am happy!!!!

The funniest part is, this stubbornness on my part has nothing to do with my turning a year older.. or a stigma attached to growing older!!! Its just there!!!

So one more decade gone by!!!! And i have almost gone to the other side ..as my colleagues who are <30 class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_4">bday i become a part of the "other group" who are 30+ (till now i was one of them :))!!! Oh well....

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

OMG! I was going to write about the very same thing today! Yesterday I was still punching in my age as 28 on the treadmill, stepper & cycle, and I kept smiling over how I'm hell bent on not putting in 29. Even though my b'day is 2 days away! I'll write the post nevertheless! :)

Moonshine said...

lol!!!! great minds think alike... nothing original about that i know.. still :)