Well yeah... it happens for us girls every month!!!! An excruciating week and then the world rights itself once again.
Yes, everything does go topsy turvy... its been years... and am still not used to it!! I dread it... I hate it.. but cant ignore it!!!! Happens at the most god awful times it could possibly happen... a big presentation... traveling long distance by train... a trip that you looked forward to all your life...your best friends wedding... your own wedding... oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeh kabhi peecha kyon nahi chodta...
Well whatever it is, it is that one thing that unites all women universally!!!!!! You will find women gleefully discussing the pain aspect in detail!!!!! And no, we are not trying to be one up on one another... its the pain that binds us all... that omnipresent pain that only a woman.. ONLY A WOMAN can understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wait for it... the way you wait for an honoured guest... wishing, hoping .. oh god please let it happen now and not then.. not when i am traveling!!!! When it comes, you hate from very core of your heart!!! And as it is getting over... the smiles are back in place.. the gloom has lifted.. and you start looking forward to your life again!!!!
Some home truths...
1) Well, it does pain a lot you know.. earth shattering, mind numbing continuous pain.. you cannot eat.. cannot sleep... and definitely cannot work... for all those of you who say.. "dont take any medicine, you know its not good for you".. well why dont you suffer once and see!!!!!!! Phat jayegi!!!! Really!
2) Mood swings happen! We do get temperamental... well bear it!!! Think of the scene from Casino Royale wherein James Bond is butchered continuously through the night... yes thats what happens.. and there is no respite!!!!!!! So there are going to be mood swings.. at times we will like something and the very next instant we will hate the very thing... accept it...it is only going to be extremes.. too bad!!!!!
3) There are other symptoms associated with it.. yes, back ache, head ache, body ache, nausea etc everything happens.. and yes all this along with the pain... this is something i figured when i did this study on menstrual cycle (as in it happens to other women too and as badly as some of us)!!! It was quite amazing to meet / know .. or read the data of about 1000 women !!!!
4) Any other pain is also magnified!!! So keep away.
5) Need a lot of pampering. Without any questions asked!!! :)
6) Cheery. gloomy.. gloomy cheery.. one can be both.. didnt i already cover this point.. but so what .. re iteration is good!!!!
7) PMS exists!!!!!! The above mentioned starts happening a few days before... and we do not realise it, recognise it many a times!!! But others should!!!
Oh well... basically a little sensitivity goes a long way.. let me rephrase that.. a little sensitivity EVERY MONTH goes a long way!!!!!
And whoever from Whisper coined the phrase.. have a happy period.. should go jump into the well!!!!